Monday, February 11, 2013

Trev's very first baptism



I had a really great week! I baptized this kid named Ariel (Herena Ariel Benitez Guellen) He is way cool. He is 17 years old . The cool thing is, the other missionaries have been teaching him for about 7 months but he never wanted to be baptized. My comp kinda thought I was being dumb cause whenever I talk to anyone young I invite them to come play soccer with us on Wednesdays and he came! He started coming every Wednesday and than started coming to church. I found out that he loves rock music and I told him my uncle is OZZY (Ha ha) and he love that! It was love at first sight! I dunked him! I was super nervous cause I couldn't say his name right I was having the hardest time saying his first name! but I did it ha ha!

On Sunday I was talking with him (Ariel) about life after death just us talkin' cause he had some weird beliefs he thought after we die we all have plaques and the bishops of his old church all had sticks and your plauqes glow if you have sins and the bishops come and beat you with a stick until you don't have a glowing light anymore hahahha kinda weird but that is what he had been taught.
After we were talking for a while, he told me that his mom died a year ago! and I was like "no way dude" and I told him how we can go to the temple and do the temple work for your mom that's why we have temples. I told him that he could have the work done for her. He asked me if I will go with him and so I'm going to try to get permission from the Mission President.....cool right?!!!

I have 4 baptisms set up for the 9th :)!
I'm also working on getting more people to come on Wednesday to play soccer. The whole time I've been here people have been asking for us to teach an English class! and all the elders say no! but I've set one up I'm going to start teaching every Wednesday Night.
I will teach English 7 to 8 then we play soccer cause people will have to come to the church to go to the class ...so I'm gonna try it out this week :)



Hey Family, I love you


P.S Changes are today we don't know who is leaving but someone will.
Stay Classy
Trevor

















No comments:

Post a Comment