Tuesday, September 18, 2012

9/17

Hey Family how is everything going?

I’m just a kickin’ it in ol’ Paraguay.
So this week was a little rough me and my companion we both got dengay. It’s the thing you get when get bitten by mesquitos and it is rough!. You spend lots of time throwing up and in the bathroom and I had a headache for about 5 days it also makes it so your very sore .like the flu! besides all of that it was a good ol’ time here! hahah.

This week has been very hot here! Amazingly Hot! My area is the hottest place in Paraguay so my area is the POOREST , HOTTEST and RAINS THE MOST! You just need to come to Paraguay and sit outside for 5 minutes! It’s so blasted hot here!

I’m trying to upload some pictures. Here is some pictures of a market place, and a few homes.
The kid that is trying to kiss me is Philepee..

Most of the people we talk to are members. We have a lot of members that won’t come anymore because the church can’t pay for them to live like they use too.

I had some wicked experiences this week! We were teaching a guy and we took a member with us.(this member is blind) and the member told the investigator that he could see the devil when the man talked. We asked if we could pray in the house and the investigator yelled at us and told us to get out! It was kind of scary!

We were in a lesson and a lady asked me my favorite food and I said gato burgers
(cat burgers) and now she won’t let us see her cat hahaha I said we eat them allot in the states. She has no idea that I was kidding because I always try hard to be serious and I was keeping a pretty straight face! I love to tell people things like that!

We got some new investigators Margarita and her 2 daughters and a niece so there are 4 of them. It was very hard for me to teach them. They have a daughter that is 12 years old and she says things and acts just like Mattea I had a very hard time seeing her. It was kinda emotional for me but its better now haha I love Mattea like crazy! The mom margarita thinks that she got baptized a mormon when she was 5 years old we don’t know how. It’s something we need to find out through the church records. We have been spending a lot of time teaching that family and it’s really not going anywhere. They have a hard time learning. We have taught them the restoration 3 times all three times we have taught them when we get to the end of the lesson the mom asked “why are there are so many church’s”? so we got kind of frustrated because we taught them that 3 times! It’s alright hopefully they will get it! They told us they want to get baptized in the river so we will see what happens!

We do have a baptism at the end of the month but he has to come to church one more time. Hopefully he comes this week!

You should see all the little kids! They are so sweet you have no idea! I just love them!

I love you family with my whole heart!
Love you more no battle!
Stay good, stay classy and stay on your knees!

Elder Trevor Osborne



No comments:

Post a Comment