Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 10,2012


Hey Family how are you and how is everything at home.

I’m here in ‘ol Paraguay its suppose to be raining all day today, it’s about 90*.
The people are great I love the members!   The people are wwayyyy poor here. Paraguay is the poorest in South America and Conception is the poorest in Paraguay so I’m in the poorest place in the world right now  (Or so it seems to me)
The houses are either tarps or scrap wood.  They have holes for bathrooms .

The food is good in the dark .ha ha ha. I have a hard time when I can see what I’m eating!  Yesterday I had piranha and alligator. It really wasn’t bad!
We eat rice tons of rice and tons of soups the soups are grossssssss!
I seriously have a hard time eating stuff sometimes so I have to buy things to keep at the house because the food is way iffy! It isn’t fruit season here and I can’t afford the fruits here they are 26 mil a pound!
so I just get Trix cereal ha ha ha!

I haven’t seen a single snake, but I’ve seen a couple monkeys and gnarly spiders they also have bad  masquitos here too!

Friday me and my companion went to a expo with some members because it’s a one -time thing and everyone takes work off to go so we trying teaching there.  It was a Gypsy parade it was pretty cool. We bought some hand bags and bracelets. everyone here makes cool Indian things.

last week we has a service project we cleaned an old ladies back yard she is very old and blind and doesn’t speak Spanish just Guarani .
It’s hard because all the old people and poor people just speak Guarani and that’s mainly who lives in conception .
 
Things are crazy here! We had a priesthood meeting and we were all going to go out and try to get over 80 people to church and over 12 people said they would come and only me and my comp showed up! Pretty lame!

Sad story: There is one guy here that always goes with us to find member’s because he speaks Guarani. He went to work in Argentina and he came back and his wife sold his house and moved away with another guy.  He is the nicest guy in the world and he helps us more than anyone. It’s sad .

Yesterday was a little rough I couldn’t walk at all. My knee  was swollen up and I was having  killer pains.  We walk a ton here.  Our church is 2  miles away and all the people we visit are no closer.  We walk around 20 to 22 miles a day so I’m always sore but it’s okay I guess. I hope things work themselves out soon! It’s hot season so I think if you sent the brace it would be to hot to wear it.

We got our first baptism date it’s the end of the month!!!  Paraguay doesn’t baptize much it’s one of the lowest in the world I guess. We (Paraguay)doesn’t  even get 100 a month. It’s mainly just reactivating people.

I miss more than anything listening to people singing in church. Very few go to church.
Last week  we would have had 110 people if everyone that said they were coming to church  would have come. We  only had 53 so it’s kinda  sad.

I’m picking up more and more Spanish but it’s hard to learn Spanish when the people here don’t even speak it hahaha. This week we had a lot more lessons the hardest thing about last week was there was a expo and so all of our luchistas cancelled and no one came to church so we didn’t have much to do. This week will be good because the expo is gone
My comp said I got screwed because this area all your clothes turn orange and its happening to me at the beginning of my mission. He is a huge BYU fan so were always talkin’ mad heat haha  My companion is my best friend! I freakin love the kid!  haha 

I got 2 packages the president is bringing them to me this Friday when he comes down to visit our ward.
They just get delivered to the mission home and they bring it to us. The president is coming to my house because our bishop is stealing tithing so he said he wants to bring them or I would have had them last week . My companion has got all of his packages since he has been here so don’t be worried about  them getting stolen just put Jesus pictures on the box.

Is Jovan way excited to go or is he super nervous?  I’m so excited for him!
How is everything going with the little girlies? I miss them so much… you don’t even know!
How was dance for Pres does she tear it up? I’m so stoked about Paislie walking.???.man, I wish I could have seen that!
I would love you to send the bracelets. I love the idea! I play with all the little kids they would love bracelets!
I always see little girls and they come and hug me and I cried a couple days ago because heard a little voice like Preslie’s  I had to push her back to see her face this is hard but I can do it ..I know it

Stay classy
I love you so much!  I’m sorry if I didn’t always show it
Elder Osborne




No comments:

Post a Comment