Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First week in Paraguay!


Hey family ~

Im here in paraguay its 110 degrees today its freakin hot! Paraguay isnt anything like I expected-first off I thought I knew spanish and now that I'm here I realized I dont know anything! They sent me to a place called Conseption it is a 8 hour bus ride from Asuncion and the poorest part of paraguay.  Its so sad how poor they are here. These people have nothing but they are willing to give us anything they do have. It is very sad. The city is very flat and covered with garbage but it is way cool. We have lunch and dinner appointments almost every day. The food is strange. The people dont speak spanish here they speak Guarani so I walk around not understanding anyone all day!

They gave us new companions mine is from Utah his name is Elder Gordon he is from Salem he is way fun we have a good time. He has been out a year and 2 months. We hang out with the members allot and play games. There is only 30 active members so we are going to work on the membership here. Tomorrow we have 2 appointments. I'm going to challange them to get baptized.

A family asked me to pray for their dad because he is a fisherman and was not having much luck. The next day the kid came and hugged me and said he needs to start praying in crappy spanish because God answered my prayer! So that was pretty cool! (I guess!) ha ha

I was invited to share my testimony at Church on Sunday. The bishop bore his testimony and said that the last testimony is always the best so my companion said I should go bare mine and he winked at me...So I did it and everyone laughed and thought it was funny!  It's crazy here people will breast feed as they are baring their testimonies... This country is crazy!

We live in the most ghetto part of paraguay and I guess the bishop use to be very poor before he became bishop and now he has good money so the clerk started asking where all the money was going for the church so the clerck got released this week haha the churches here its very sad.
 I guess we have the nicest apartment here in Conseption. We have 1 window. Crazy thing though, if you touch anything when someone is showering it shocks you. It's pretty funny ha ha ha. Kinda ghetto!
I saw Chase Armstrong and also Elder Svedine! Pretty cool hua!

Today we are going to go buy air soft guns to play war with the kids for our "P Day".

Stay Classey!

Love you all like crazy!

Elder Osborne






No comments:

Post a Comment