Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22nd

Hey Family! I love you!
This week I didn't get to take to many pictures because it rained almost every day. It's been a pretty crazy week. The power wasn't on most of the time. also our shower stopped working so that kinda sucks.
Me and my comp have gotten a lot of less actives to come back to church and to get temple recommends and now we have 7 kids that are going to serve missions from our ward so we are mostly reactivating people we have 400 in our ward and 53 were in church Sunday and 18 are under the age of 14 so it's hard! We have a lot of investigators we have about 6 different lessons a day we teach on average just not on Monday and Tuesday because our meetings. Our ward struggles because we just have a ward that doesn't help like they are suppose to and some of the people think there helping but they are actually offending so it is a struggle. Our mission President has told us that we cannot baptize the people unless our president thinks they will stay active. He say's it's not about numbers! Just because it's not a baptizing mission doesn't mean it's not a successful mission!
We had a discussion at a members house this week we had our first lesson with this guy and we taught everything and he asked us what he could do now and i said will you pray and during his prayer without us asking he prayed what church is true right there without us asking was pretty cool.then the next lesson we asked him if he read and he said yes so i asked him to read for us and he actually can't read so that is kinda a bummer haha but hopefully it works out!
In December we have 3 girls that we taught moving here too get baptized. I truly hope it works out for them.
But we had some pretty cool things happen we have been visiting Phillepe allot he always wanted to serve a mission and he got something in his spine so now he cannot see and he is kind of handicapped so they will not let him serve so he is very disappointed. In our ward right now, there are 7 kids getting there mission papers and he would have been 8. There is allot of excitement because of the new rule for YM to go at age 18 . I have no idea how their families will be able to help pay for them because they are so poor. They are sending a ton of missionaries to South America right now because they want to make it like the US where everyone has heard the word!
This week we go to Asuncion for President Bednar's fireside. I'm really looking forward to it! I guess were going to Asuncion South so I will see my buddies from the CCM. It will be sweet to be able to see everybody. We leave on Friday morning and we stay with some other elders down there so this weekend will be nuts! Our whole zone and all the far zones have to go down and sleep in Asuncion because they want us to be well rested for Elder Bednar's address. There isn't enough places for everyone to sleep ha so things will be wild. We will stay until Saturday night. It should be really fun! We were teasing some of the members because Lady Gaga is here and will be performing Friday- So we told them that all the missionaries get to go see her (LOL) We really aren't though.
So this week will just fly by because we have meetings all week until then.
.Today I got the package with the bracelets :) Thank you so much ! It's so sweet thank you so much they are awesome! all the elders in my district so 6 of us are wearing them and Thursday is ward night so we will see all the little kids and give them out to some of our members there.. so cool thank you so much! I got a letter from Sharla ~I love you Shar your the best! Thank you so much and the picture from paisley :) she is so beautiful!
My companion...he is sick a lot he gets food poison more than anyone I've ever seen ha. but he is a good guy.
I haven't played basketball. I played the first 2 weeks I was out here and now my comp won't let me and I wouldn't do it because it swells up i don't understand why it bugs me more than it did before the mission because i did more running before the mission than i do here. It really doesn't make sense. I just don't want to have my knee get too bad where I have to be an office elder the whole mission because that's what I might be looking at.. hopefully not though.. I'm not too worried.
Mom~ I hope you get the package that I sent, I would feel really bad if it didn't get there it had 2 jerseys and letters (and one of the jerseys was from the kid in Argentina! It ment allot to me that he gave it to me. It was at a very low point in my mission and he really helped me change my perspective.
I just need to learn Spanish and then i will be set because teaching is easy i can teach in Spanish its simple.. but i can't have a conversation it sucks! I can almost understand everything but what really sucks is even at church they speak just Guarani ha ha...
So.. A few pictures that I'm sending..
This one of my companion he is a mud mess! Those kids that I told you about that they bug my comp bad this week they stole his glasses and ran away and he was chasing them and slipped and fell in a huge puddle and everyone was laughing ha so we had to go home because he was so pissed hahahaha was a good time! The other picture is of me with mud all over because I was laughing at my companion..He hugged me and got it all over me! LOL
The other picture is just the fields we always see horses everywhere with no pens horses and cows its sweet!
Amico is the best horse! these are horses that just roam around here they don't get very big because they start them pulling wagons right when there tiny ha.

I thought this was harlarious! A mother pig feeding her babies right in the middle of the road!...Only in Paraguay!

Well, I have got to go, We got a lesson tonight on the way home from the cever. Sorry for complaining about my knee. I love you please keep me in your prayers not for my knee but for my language ahh that's the hardest thing I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment